there was a rahman before slumdog millionaire.
Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen as Sid Vicious and Andy Warhol
this is all i have ever needed and i didn’t know it till now.
David Foster Wallace
oh boy. :)
Vintage selfies! Too great not to reblog.
The Software Studies Initiative ––led by UCSD Comp Sci professor Lev Manovich–– has been working on a project called selfiecity, which investigates selfies using a mix of quantitative, theoretic and artistic methods. Looking at five cities around the world, they randomly select 20,000-30,000 photos per city, per day.
Here are some of their findings:
- People take less selfies than often assumed –– depending on the city, only 3-5% of images analyzed were actually selfies.
- Moscow is at the bottom of the selfie smile index. (Bangkok is at the top.)
- In every city analyzed, there are significantly more women selfies than men selfies.
- Men over 30 share more selfies than women over 30. “Women may take them, but they don’t post them.”
- And it’s a young person’s game. The median selfie age is 23.7 years.
What will they look at next? Perhaps Manovich will compare selfies taken in cities with those taken in suburbs or rural areas … or selfies that have professional polish with those of a more casual nature.
These incredible works of art will have you questioning your eyes.